The Den at Backwell Down is a beautiful Bed and Breakfast in North Somerset, near Bristol. Stroll around the delightful gardens or take a walk through the woods on the estate to enjoy the panoramic views over the North Somerset countryside towards the severn estuary.
For those wishing to explore the area, we are only a 15 minute drive from the following places:
- For those seeking a truly unique shopping experience, Clifton Village is highly recommended http://www.discoverclifton.co.uk
- Tyntesfield is a Victorian Gothic Revival house and estate near Wraxall, North Somerset, http://www.nationaltrust.org.uk/tyntesfield
- Clevedon is a delightful seaside Victorian town overlooking the Severn Estuary http://www.visitsomerset.co.uk/explore-somerset/cl...
- The Clifton Suspension Bridge, described by Brunel as “My first love, my darling”, spans the Avon Gorge and River Avon, linking Clifton in Bristol to Leigh Woods in North Somerset, http://www.cliftonbridge.org.uk.
- Bristol Zoo http://www.bristolzoo.org.uk
- Bristol Harbourside http://www.harboursidealive.co.uk
- Cheddar Gorge http://www.cheddargorge.co.uk
- Mendip hills http://www.mendiphillsaonb.org.uk
- For much more info on whats going on locally - http://visitbristol.co.uk and http://www.visitsomerset.co.uk
- Rugby fans everywhere will enjoy watching Premiership rugby at Bristol's Ashton Gate stadium, just a few miles away http://www.bristolrugby.co.uk
- Ashton Gate Stadium is also home to Bristol city Football Club and is a major event and conference centre in the area http://www.ashtongatestadium.co.uk